Thursday 26 November 2020

Sheffield's Rain Shadow

Inspired by work by Alice Garnett, GA President in 1968. The 2nd female Professor of Geography.

Read the story of its creation here.


Worth remembering that Alice also has her photo on the wall at the RGS along with other female pioneers of geographical endeavours
See if you can track it down next time you are down there. 
The "home of geography" has been shut to visitors for most of the year, but will be slowly reopening as we move into 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...