Tuesday 17 November 2020

Learning Geography with Computers 1988

Made by MESU. This has now disappeared since I screen grabbed it a while back... this was an early film on the use of computers in classrooms.

First part of film:

Hypothesis Testing - Cleeve School, Cheltenham - Derek Plumb - 0'10" - 12'44"
Hold the Front Page - Worsley Wardley High School, Salford - Alan Szymanski 12'45" - 19'31"
Planning Tourism - West Hatch High School, Essex - Val Brett - 19'32" - 25'15"
Hydrology Fieldwork - ILEA Advanced Field Study Centre, Abergavenny - Mike Penny - 25'16" - 35'18"
Negotiating for a Game Park - Knowles Hill School, Newton Abbott - Doreen Bennett - 35'19" - 51'31"
Individual Studies - Cleeve School, Cheltenham - 51'32" - end




https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microelectronics_Education_Support_Unit

Deryn Watson wrote a book in this area:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...