Sunday 7 February 2021

500 up

Since starting this blog in April 2019, I've chronicled the lives of every GA President from 1893 to 1998 (at the moment) and with just over '20 years' left of the project, I've passed the 500th post on the project. 

I think when access to the archives is possible once again, there will be plenty of additions to many of these posts. Each communication with former Presidents opens up new snippets which can be factored into the writing, and there are several threads that I haven't followed as much as I will.

There are probably another hundred posts to come at this stage.

The blog is scheduled to continue until September 2020, when there will be a slight change in emphasis, and perhaps a switch to the Living Geography blog instead.

Coming tomorrow: Professor Michael Bradford, President for 1999-2000.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...