Wednesday 11 March 2020

1960: A note on teacher training

A report of a discussion on teacher training was published in Geography in 1960.

I liked this section:



Given the growing number of entry points into teaching and different pathways and providers I wonder whether this would be possible today.

References
Jay, L. J. “The Training of Geographers. Report of a Discussion on Specialization in the Training of Geographers and the Teaching of Geography in Schools.” Geography, vol. 45, no. 1/2, 1960, pp. 120–122. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/40565119

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...