Monday 30 March 2020

1961: Sir Halford Mackinder

According to the chronology of the GA produced by Peter Jackson for the 125th anniversary of the GA, in 1961, the Lincolnshire Branch organised the placement of a plaque in the entrance hall of Queen Elizabeth Grammar School on the 18th of February to commemorate the centenary of the birth of Sir Halford Mackinder, who was born when the school building was his family's house.

As I posted in Mackinder's blog entry, there are images of the plaque online.


Thanks to John Spooner for the image of the plaque
Shared under CC license on Flickr
https://www.flickr.com/photos/29809546@N00/2724939061/

John also followed in Mackinder's footprints by ascending Mt. Kenya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...