Wednesday 13 January 2021

Four cheers for Geography

1992
Nelson Education Lecture
Sir Simon Jenkins is mentioned in the programme for this year's conference, which Eleanor Rawling sent me, as providing the lecture at the GA Conference:
"Four cheers for Geography"
He wrote a piece published in 2007 with his thoughts on the importance of the subject. This is one of a number of pieces published over the years which teachers have identified as being of support to the subject of geography.
In 2020, he called for a return to localism and community spirit.

He has also been referenced in other pieces on the value of Geography, such as this one in the FT on Theresa May becoming Prime Minister.

My publishers also sent him a copy of my 'Why Study Geography?' book. I hope he enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...