Tuesday 30 July 2019

1927: SPC: the Secondary Phase Committee

Between 2004 and 2019, I served on the GA's Secondary Phase Committee (SPC), latterly as Secretary.
During that time, the Committee saw a number of different chairs, including Alan Kinder.
The committee was founded in 1927, at the same time as the Primary committee, and just after the HE Teaching committee.
The first Chair was Mr. C. B. Thurston.



More to come on the SPC as the blog develops.

References
“Secondary School Notes.” Geography, vol. 14, no. 4, 1928, pp. 328–329. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/40558275.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...