Friday 26 July 2019

1926: 'The Geographical Teacher' name change occurs

1926 saw a change in name of the journal: "The Geographical Teacher" to just "Geography"

The Spring 1927 issue was the first to bear the new name.

Note the address of Aberystwyth, where H J Fleure was back then.

The journal is still called 'Geography'.
Two years later, the Journal became quarterly, before going back to three issues.

James Fairgrieve (who later became President) generously offered to guarantee any losses during the period following the name change.

The first article in the newly named journal was by Charles Close: the President for 1926, shown below.


References

“Front Matter.” Geography, vol. 14, no. 1, 1927. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/40557855.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...