Monday 29 July 2019

1925: The Touring Branch (continued)




“Front Matter.” The Geographical Teacher, vol. 13, no. 2, 1925. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/40554984 

Imagine going back in time to attend one of these tours.
Here's the UK Tours for 1925.

This started in Bradford, where E.G. Lupton the Organising Secretary lived, and also via Bournemouth.
I'd like to have been on the Fenland Tour day particularly to see how the landscape has changed.
The Exhibition in London was presumably the Great Exhibition?
Wonder what 'First Class Hotels' they stayed in.
Here are a few more itineraries:
A Whit Week tour of the UK


And a Swiss Tour


Sadly for the Touring Branch, it had to be closed during this time, as the fact that it was charging for tours conflicted with the Association's Charitable status, as the tax authorities considered that this was a business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...