Friday, 19 July 2019

1925: Learning Geography by Drawing

A nice little article was contributed by Miss Medway

It describes her experiences of using drawing as a way of getting young people to explore landscape features, by drawing them.

I love this paragraph, I hope that M. (aged four) said, "it's what superheroes wear" when asked what a cape was....



Reference
Medway, W. B. “LEARNING GEOGRAPHY BY DRAWING.” The Geographical Teacher, vol. 13, no. 1, 1925, pp. 57–58. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/40556443.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

Submit your GA Conference 2027 proposals now

If you have some head space over the summer, now is the time to submit your proposal to speak at the GA Conference 2027.  This will take pla...