Sunday 11 October 2020

343 Fulwood Road - memories wanted

Updated January 2021

Some memories of Fulwood Road from former President Sheila Jones. For some years, the GA HQ was based at a house on 343 Fulwood Road.

"It would have been a lovely family home. In the front there was parking space for 2/3 cars. On the ground floor was a sitting room and smaller room, which was used as an office. A winding staircase, beside which were some paintings of past Presidents (I wonder what happened to them? I wonder whether they are at Solly St.). The planned photos never happened!

On the first floor was a larger room, I suppose a wall had been knocked down, where the meetings of the council took place annually in Autumn. There was also a bathroom on this floor.

The library was in the basement, and the garden, mainly lawn, was quite large."

Any other memories, and images of Fulwood Road welcome... Thanks to some former GA Presidents for some memories which shall be added to later posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...