Thursday 7 May 2020

The Red House

A pub which used to be on Solly St., up the hill from 160.

I guess various GA officers, staff and members would have drunk here over the decades. I popped in there myself a few times back in the day.... for a lemonade of course.
It's now a store next to new student accommodation, which surrounds Solly St. now. More on HQ later in the blog.

Other landmarks have also disappeared or changed out of all recognition, such as St. Vincent's Church, which will have its own blog post at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...