Thursday 7 May 2020

1955: GA role changing

Interesting piece in the 'Nature' review of 1955's conference.

A second party of members also attended in August the International Conference of Teachers of Geography held at Hilversum. As an outcome of this meeting tho Geographical Association's office was adopted as the headquarters for the International Union of Associations of Teachers of Geography. As the central co-ordinating body, the Association has now assumed responsibility for the development and exchange of ideas among teachers of geography throughout the world.

PDF: https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1038/175198a0.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...