Saturday 30 May 2020

Ron Johnston RIP

In the GA's manifesto for Geography "a different view" (which I shall talk about more when we get into the 2000s, there is a series of quotes.
One of them was from Professor Ron Johnston, who I heard today has sadly died.
ImageHe has a long and influential career and taught in a number of universities including the UK and New Zealand.
He was President of the Lincoln branch of the Geographical Association, 1978-83.

He wrote the obituary for former GA President Stan Gregory.
He won the AAG Lifetime Achievement Award.
He also co-wrote a piece for the Independent about another former GA President Michael Wise.

Updated:

Catch this video of him talking with Peter Haggett.

And read this piece from Derek Gregory on Geographical Imaginations.

Download 'a different view' as a PDF.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...