Friday 2 July 2021

Streamflow Model

This review of an early piece of computer software, created for the BBC, was featured in 'Teaching Geography'. It came out in 1986.
This product was a set of three programs: a simulation model for storm hydrographs, river data analysis package, and a statistical package. It was designed for 'A' level students.

The creators were Steve Hanstock, who was my own GCSE and 'A' level geography teacher at Wickersley Comprehensive and David Butcher, who was my tutor in my final year at Huddersfield Polytechnic. Tim Burt was my original tutor but left during the final year of my course. We have met each other periodically since, and he is still very active in the Field Studies Council.

Reference

“Software Reviews in Teaching Geography.” Teaching Geography, vol. 12, no. 5, 1987, pp. 232–232. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/23751771. Accessed 25 June 2021.

The review editor at the time was John Chubb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...