Wednesday 26 February 2020

Aviation and how it changes Geography

Nick Lapthorn, in his Presidential lecture suggested that Geographers should always be entitled to the window seat on public transport.
I came across an article in Geography in 1943 which described the potential impacts of aviation on geography.

I think we now have a different view on our flying habit perhaps...

References

Waugh, R. W., and D. H. Handover. “HOW AVIATION CHANGES GEOGRAPHY.” Geography, vol. 28, no. 4, 1943, pp. 101–106. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/40562325

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...