Biographies of all the Presidents of the Geographical Association since the founding of the Association in 1893. Researched by Alan Parkinson (GA President 2021-22), with contributions from others, including the former Presidents themselves where possible.
Tuesday, 5 September 2023
John Beddoe
John Beddoe was mentioned in a piece called 'Wayside Geography' by John Linton Myres (GA President in 1925), which I blogged about recently. He was a doctor who pioneered some of the techniques of observation in scientific recording which are still used in some of the ethnographic fieldwork that is carried out even now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Margaret Mackintosh RIP
Updated post. Sad news at the end of last week from colleagues who have organised the Charney Conference over the years of the passing of Ma...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.