Saturday 16 September 2023

Bill Wallace

In my regular trawls through sources for additional nuggets of information on past GA Presidents, I come across other people who played a role in the Association, but never became President. It's a reminder of the importance of all those who volunteer their time to support the work of the Association, and have done for over 130 years! This is why being President is such a privilege.

Bill Wallace was involved with the Further Education Section of the GA. His work was in Further Education - what is now carried out by the Post-16 committee.



The piece was written by Marguerita Oughton, who wrote quite a few similar pieces at this time.

Oughton, M. “WILLIAM WALLACE.” Geography, vol. 48, no. 4, 1963, pp. 418–19. JSTOR, http://www.jstor.org/stable/40565722. Accessed 16 Sept. 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...