Wednesday 28 April 2021

2008-9: a different view

a different view was the GA's manifesto for geography which was developed and published during the Action Plan for Geography, at a time when I was working for the GA. It was the brainchild of Professor David Lambert, and turned out to be one of the outcomes from that time which has had the greatest impact. I still see the posters up in classrooms I visit to this day.

The whole process took months to pull together, along with the associated materials including ideas from Fred Martin and a whole range of others adding teaching materials linked to the image sets which were developed.
Here's an image I came across recently. It's a screenshot of a folder from the time when we were working on, and trying to pull together the text and images. I was later asked to work on the promotional video for the project using Animoto. There's a few images here that made it into the final document, and some that didn't such as the one of the Quiraing and one of a ruined house at Hallsands.

You can still see some of the materials on the web as well.

Here's the video which I worked on, which itself took very many iterations before the timing, music, transitions and images worked nicely. I still show it myself from time to time.

A Different View: Promoting Geography from The Geographical Association on Vimeo.

More to come in other blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...