Monday 5 April 2021

GA Branches and their role

Richard Yarwood wrote an article, which was published in the journal 'Area' in 2007 exploring the value of GA branches in connecting schools with academic geographers.
GA Branches are a way in to engaging with the GA. It will be so good to get face to face meetings back as soon as possible, and in the meantime many branches are involved in virtual events and other ways to keep people engaged with the subject.



Yarwood, Richard, and Teresa Davison. “Bridges or Fords? Geographical Association Branches and Higher Education.” Area, vol. 39, no. 4, 2007, pp. 544–550. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/40346076. Accessed 4 Apr. 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...