Sunday 21 June 2020

Brian Robson

Updated July 2020
Another geographer who has passed recently, following earlier entries for John Cole and Cuchlaine King amongst others.
He had a piece on 'The Urban Environment' published in 'Geography' in 1975
The Royal Geographical Society awarded him its Founders medal in 2000 and he was made OBE in 2010.

Robson, B. T. “The Urban Environment.” Geography, vol. 60, no. 3, 1975, pp. 184–188. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/40568421. Accessed 14 June 2020.

Update
An obituary by Noel Castree was published in 'The Guardian'.
It explained how Professor Robson helped develop the Index of Multiple Deprivation used by many geographers to explore inequality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...