Thursday 16 April 2020

The SPC and eConference 2020

The SPC was created in 1927.

I served on the GA Secondary Phase Committee for many years, joining in 2004 when Gary Dawson and Rob Lodge chaired, later to be Alan Kinder and Sarah Watts, followed by other geography luminaries.
I stepped down for a few years when working for the GA 2008-11, then rejoined. I stepped down at the end of 2019 again when I became the GA's Junior Vice President, spending a few years as Secretary.

The GA SPC has a Facebook page, which will be sharing news and quotes from the GA's eConference, which is taking place from lunchtime today through to Saturday teatime.



Stephen Schwab and Paul Hunt were co-chairs for some years and they are going to be sharing some of the workshops that had been prepared for the GA Conference, but weren't added to the final eConference schedule for lack of space.
I'll share some links over on LivingGeography once they are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...