Thursday 2 April 2020

1961: Field Study from a Narrowboat

Seems like something worth considering again... imagine taking a boat through the centre of an industrial city from edge to edge exploring what can be seen.
I walked along a stretch of Regents Canal recently and encountered historical locations including the Tolpuddle Martyrs, and the redevelopment of the Coal Drops Yard and water towers near King's Cross.
Also some years ago, I cycled from the centre of Leeds out to Saltaire creating geolocated missions for a Mission:Explore project in association with Arla, which took us to all the main UK cities.





Reference
FROST, M. J. “Field Study from a Narrow Boat.” Geography, vol. 46, no. 1, 1961, pp. 50–55. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/40565213

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...