Thursday 23 April 2020

1964: Crone's article on Geography in the 20th Century

In 1964, the librarian of the RGS, G R Crone wrote a chronology of geography in the 20th Century with some excellent details on the development of the subject, and prominent mentions for quite a few former GA Presidents.



There are references to many GA Presidents and their contributions, including Herbertson and Mill, Steers, Stamp and Roxby.
Also some familiar diagrams on the development of the region, and some images of people from the time.
Well worth a read.

References

Crone, G. R. “British Geography in the Twentieth Century.” The Geographical Journal, vol. 130, no. 2, 1964, pp. 197–220. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/1794582.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...