Friday 25 October 2019

1947: Moving to Sheffield

PARK LIBRARY, SHEFFIELD: 1947 - 64 

Post-war developments forced the GA to relinquish its accommodation in Manchester as the area was redeveloped.
Dr. Alice Garnett (the Honorary Secretary at the time) and Professor David Linton (Honorary Editor) were both based in Sheffield, so a move there was agreed, and made possible by the Sheffield City Librarian’s generous offer of free office and library space at Park Library, Duke Street.

This is another on the list of places to visit during my time as President.

In October 1950, the GA’s new offices were officially opened.


Image: Google Earth - copyright is held by the various image providers, and image used under Fair Use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

From the archive - Fleure to Mill 2 - Christmas 1933

Another letter from H J Fleure to Hugh Robert Mill. I love these old letters in the GA Archives. I plan to go up to Solly Street this comin...