Sunday 28 March 2021

The Charney Comment 2021

The Charney Manor Primary Conference is an annual event bringing together Primary geographers each year at the venue in Oxfordshire (although it was held online this year). Many GA Presidents have been involved in the event, as I discussed in a previous post. It was founded by Rex Walford and others including Simon Catling. The statement has been pulled together by Stephen Scoffham.

Thanks to Mel Norman, Steve Rawlinson and Sharon Witt for organising the last few years' conferences.

This year's version of the statement that emerges following the conference has now been released and it provides a useful set of thoughts to consider when developing thinking around teaching Primary (and secondary) geography experiences for your students. It has been pulled together by Stephen Scoffham.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...