Tuesday 23 March 2021

2004 - a conference report from Joseph Kerski

This conference was held at the University of Kent in Canterbury.

It was also the first conference that I'd actually attended in person. This was a time when I was involved with the Staffordshire Learning Network, and Chris Durbin was doing a lecture on his creative ideas. It was also a chance to attend a session by my former tutor Professor Tim Burt, who spoke about engagement with landscape and geomorphology, and our own geographical thinking.

There were some social events where I met up with fellow SLNers including David Rayner and others. We also held some field weekends in the Peak District around this time.

The following report is by Joseph Kerski, and used with permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...