Tuesday, 16 March 2021

2003 : Geography Pages

GA News in 2003 gave an early mention for the Geography Pages website, which I ran for over ten years, and which was one of the top 5 most visited Geography websites on the web for a while (as shown by statistics collected by the Royal Geographical Society) 

It started out as 'Mr P's Geography Pages', back in the day when I had dial up internet access through Liberty Surf and then Tiscali. I also sold it as a CD for a while. It led on to a number of other early opportunities for me to get involved in the wider geographical community.

Memories of GeographyPages welcome - I've posted a few already and will be posting a few more as we get nearer to the present day. 

Follow the link here to access it via Archive.org. The domain is currently hosted by Richard Allaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

Submit your GA Conference 2027 proposals now

If you have some head space over the summer, now is the time to submit your proposal to speak at the GA Conference 2027.  This will take pla...