Tuesday 16 March 2021

2003 : Geography Pages

GA News in 2003 gave an early mention for the Geography Pages website, which I ran for over ten years, and which was one of the top 5 most visited Geography websites on the web for a while (as shown by statistics collected by the Royal Geographical Society) 

It started out as 'Mr P's Geography Pages', back in the day when I had dial up internet access through Liberty Surf and then Tiscali. I also sold it as a CD for a while. It led on to a number of other early opportunities for me to get involved in the wider geographical community.

Memories of GeographyPages welcome - I've posted a few already and will be posting a few more as we get nearer to the present day. 

Follow the link here to access it via Archive.org. The domain is currently hosted by Richard Allaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...