Thursday 4 March 2021

MyHeritage Deep Nostalgia

MyHeritage has released a free tool which takes an image from a photo and animates it. The main target market is for those researching family trees and genealogy as it 'brings relatives to life' in a spooky sort of way. In fact My Heritage themselves say that some people don't like it. The term 'Deep Nostalgia' is used, which is close to 'deep fake'. They say:

Some people love the Deep Nostalgia™ feature and consider it magical, while others find it creepy and dislike it. Indeed, the results can be controversial and it’s hard to stay indifferent to this technology. We invite you to create videos using this feature and share them on social media to see what your friends and family think. This feature is intended for nostalgic use, that is, to bring beloved ancestors back to life. Our driver videos don’t include speech in order to prevent abuse of this , such as the creation of “deep fake” videos of living people. Please use this feature on your own historical photos and not on photos featuring living people without their permission.

I tried it on a few former GA Presidents - what do you think? Should I stop?

Here's Percy Maude Roxby


Sir Halford Mackinder





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...