Wednesday 9 December 2020

Lantern Slides

I was watching the film 'Amundsen' over the weekend, and there were a couple of scenes 'set' in the Royal Geographical Society. 

Roald Amundsen and his brother are explaining the plans for their expedition to the North Pole (before they head South) and use a projector, top right, to show magic lantern slides to some RGS members...

The GA was founded partly to share these slides and help teachers use them to advance their pedagogy.  Good to see them mentioned. 

More on lantern slides to come in the New Year in some other blog posts.


If you have any lantern slides of your own, please feel free to share some images with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

From the archive - Fleure to Mill 2 - Christmas 1933

Another letter from H J Fleure to Hugh Robert Mill. I love these old letters in the GA Archives. I plan to go up to Solly Street this comin...