Monday 19 August 2019

1925: On the Geography Classroom

Back in 1925, Miss Celia Evans, from Barry shared her thoughts on how the Geography classroom should be laid out. I'm not sure my current room shares this specification in any aspect other than its aspect: it faces south. I like the requirements: a balcony, plenty of storage for plasticine, plenty of visual spaces - backed with green baize etc. Check out the full specification the JSTOR link.



Reference
Evans, Celia. “A MEMORANDUM ON THE SCHOOL GEOGRAPHY ROOM.” The Geographical Teacher, vol. 13, no. 3, 1925, pp. 233–236. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/40556270.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

From the archive - Fleure to Mill 2 - Christmas 1933

Another letter from H J Fleure to Hugh Robert Mill. I love these old letters in the GA Archives. I plan to go up to Solly Street this comin...