Saturday 31 August 2019

1000 views

Well, it's taken nearly 5 months, but the first 1000 page views have been reached on the blog. Thanks to all the people who've read it. 
Keep coming back.

I've gone from 1893, and the founding of the Association, as far as 1932, when the President was Dr. Hugh Robert Mill. There are still many more Presidents to come, with their amazing stories and contributions to the development of the subject, and of geography in schools.

Tomorrow, the 1st of September 2019, I will start my own Presidential journey, by starting my post as Junior Vice President of the Association, which will be followed by posts as Vice President, President (2021-22) and Past President.

I am following Susan Pike, who has been JVP this year, and will be particularly supported by Stephen Scoffham, who was President for 2018-19 and finishes his Presidential year today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

From the archive - Fleure to Mill 2 - Christmas 1933

Another letter from H J Fleure to Hugh Robert Mill. I love these old letters in the GA Archives. I plan to go up to Solly Street this comin...