Saturday 12 September 2020

More memories of 'Jammy' Morris

Regular readers will know that I have had several posts with memories from those who were taught by Joseph Acton Morris' known to many as 'Jammy' (or Mr. Morris)
He was GA President in 1965, and was a teacher - a rare thing for a GA President.

Thanks to Jill Taylor for contacting me last week. She told me:

I am writing in response to the request for memories of Mr Morris. When my father, Arthur Kerry, retired, he started to write his memoirs, which we put into a book. I enclose this short account of a school trip involving a Mr Morris (I believe the correct one) in around 1930. (The given date of 1936 must be a misprint, as he was born in 1917.) As you can see, my father was not the most exemplary student, so I bear no responsibility for the account contained herein! 

Here's the image she sent me - click for full size. It describes a field trip to a farm at Filey on the East Yorkshire coast in 1930... 


I think most geography teachers have strong memories of residential field trips - some of which they daren't share for fear of legal action, or approbation... My lawyer has advised me not to mention that time in Gordale Scar when...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

From the archive - Fleure to Mill 2 - Christmas 1933

Another letter from H J Fleure to Hugh Robert Mill. I love these old letters in the GA Archives. I plan to go up to Solly Street this comin...