Sunday 12 July 2020

The power of fieldwork

I've written a few posts recently on the value of fieldwork with the OFQUAL consultation on exams for 2021 proposing to remove it.

This post is about 'Jammy' Morris, who you may remember from earlier posts was GA President in 1965.
Emma Halstead, the archivist from Latymer School where Jammy worked for many years has been really helpful.

This is a lovely handwritten letter she received from former pupil Pam Hillier (nee Plumb) who was taken on a fieldtrip in 1948 and it left a lasting impression on her, particularly the incident with the lightning and the need to strip off... 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

From the archive - Fleure to Mill 2 - Christmas 1933

Another letter from H J Fleure to Hugh Robert Mill. I love these old letters in the GA Archives. I plan to go up to Solly Street this comin...