Monday 25 November 2019

1951: A Sheffield Conference

L Dudley Stamp welcomed delegates to Sheffield for the GA conference in 1951.
It's been excellent to see Sheffield back as a regular conference venue again more recently, as my home city.
It was pleasing to see delegates arriving from a number of different countries this time round as well.


Reference

Garnett, Alice, and T. W. Brown. “THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF TEACHERS OF GEOGRAPHY, SHEFFIELD, AUGUST, 1951.” Geography, vol. 36, no. 4, 1951, pp. 221–231. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/40563129.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

From the archive - Fleure to Mill 2 - Christmas 1933

Another letter from H J Fleure to Hugh Robert Mill. I love these old letters in the GA Archives. I plan to go up to Solly Street this comin...