Sunday 30 June 2019

Plus ca change #1

While researching this blog, I often came across snippets in old copies of Geographical journals which related to the work of teachers then, which could equally be talked about now. A reminder that nothing really changes, we just go round and round again...

Here's a workshop from well over 100 years ago, where a teacher demonstrates the modelling of physical landforms using plasticine. Well done Mr. Welsh. Also, I wonder whether Mr. T. W. F Parkinson is any relation, as my surname is from the NW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...