Tuesday 11 June 2019

Anyone remember these?



When I was at school in the 1970s, this piece of equipment, dating from the 1930s was still in use. Saved on a lot of photocopying for sure...

Advertisement in 'The Geographical Teacher'

We also had rocker maps, which were similar in terms of reusability, but made of what looked like tropical hardwoods. A big chunk of wood rounded with the rubber outline raised on a pad which was inked each time. With the mapograph, you had to get the registration right or the map looked a mess on the page, or was upside down...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...