Wednesday 15 May 2019

Quote of the Day

"Whether it is taught or not taught in Schools and Universities, Geography must in the nature of things rule the territory in which the sciences relating to organic life from history down to the structure of the humblest animate thing, meet the sciences which have to do with inorganic nature.... It remains the body of knowledge which has to do with the theatre of the activity of man, and all things that have life."

Anniversary address of Sir Mountstuart Grant Duff, 1892
President of the Royal Geographical Society

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

From the archive - Fleure to Mill 2 - Christmas 1933

Another letter from H J Fleure to Hugh Robert Mill. I love these old letters in the GA Archives. I plan to go up to Solly Street this comin...