Thursday 30 May 2019

How can you help with the blog?

Image result for help beatles
As I post the biographies of each person in turn, there will inevitably be some partiality in the information I have about that person, as I haven't completed all the biographical research that would be required to truly tell each person's life - these are pen portraits with some additional geographical detail, drawn from a limited range of sources.

I have carried out research on each person, and used mostly online sources, plus relevant archive searches on journals and other books which reference their career as it pertains to geography, and key achievements during their time associated with the GA (and related organisations such as RGS-IBG). This has led me to other resources, research papers and books which are available on the Internet Archive.

It's possible you are aware of some other information about particular people. If so, please feel free to let me know more about them. Images are always welcome - it's been hard to find anything other than a few official photos of some of these people from the first part of the 20th Century, particularly those that are in the public domain.

If it's a person whose biography has already been added, please comment on the post itself, or get in touch.

If you have further information on someone who is yet to appear on the blog, but you know they served as a President of the GA, please e-mail them to me at: a DOT parkinson AT gmail DOT com or add a comment again.

I shall be contacting more recent Presidents nearer the time of their appearance with a specially written questionnaire, but not for at least a year in most cases as this is a long term project, planned to end in September 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

From the archive - Fleure to Mill 2 - Christmas 1933

Another letter from H J Fleure to Hugh Robert Mill. I love these old letters in the GA Archives. I plan to go up to Solly Street this comin...