Sunday 9 April 2023

GA Conference 2023: Sheffield Hallam University

Another GA Conference is about to start - less than a week to go now.

This will be the 130th Anniversary conference of the GA.

This year's event takes place at Sheffield Hallam University between 13th and 15th of April.

Professor Alastair Owens is the GA President this year, and his theme is Collaborative Geographies.

A full programme can be downloaded from here. Click the link for a PDF download.

Next year's theme has also been revealed by Denise Freeman: GA President for 2023-24.

Geography for Everyone


We will be adding a biography of Denise on the 1st of September. 

We will also be revealing the name of the President for 2024-25 at the event as well.

I hope to see you (and several other former GA Presidents) in Sheffield next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...