Thursday 27 August 2020

Thought for the Day

 "... I am not, I suspect, wrong in thinking that, in our preoccupation with strict empirical thought and method, we have shortchanged several generations of students by giving them the model rather than the reality .... 
Let us welcome anything which will increase their opportunity to wonder, and to weep, over the world of man."
John Paterson, 1979

PATERSON, J. (1979). Some Dimensions of Geography. Geography, 64(4), 268-278. Retrieved August 26, 2020, from http://www.jstor.org/stable/40569982

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...