Saturday 28 September 2019

1966: OHPs

Between 1982 and 1985, I did my degree at Huddersfield Polytechnic with some excellent lecturers - some of whom are still working, as they were young at the time. They included Tim Burt, David Butcher, John Fernie, Stuart Corbridge, Lance Tufnell, Ian Couch, Alan Pitkethly (a legend), Derek Reeve and Jim Wrathall. Many of these went on to even greater things after Huddersfield gave them a perfect place to experiment and develop their craft. I have bumped into some of them as the years have gone by. I liked coming across their work in various journals.

Here's a piece from Jim Wrathall 17 years before I was taught by him, while working at a college in Huddersfield. It describes a brand new technology which promised to change things for teachers. It was called, the overhead projector....



References
WRATHALL, J. E. “The Overhead Projector — A New Aid for the Geographer.” Geography, vol. 51, no. 1, 1966, pp. 38–41. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/40566039

https://www.tes.com/news/peak-performance-ict-geography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...