Friday, 5 April 2024

GA Conference 2024

The 2024 GA Conference is underway at the University of Manchester with a theme of 'Geography for Everyone' proposed by President Denise Freeman. This is the first I've missed for almost twenty years, due to train strikes and other issues.


Congratulations to Catherine Owen, who was revealead as the President for 2025-6. She will appear on this blog in due course.

Alun Morgan gave this year's Rex Walford Memorial Lecture 

We will also be back in Oxford in 2025 at Oxford Brookes University.

Image: Denise Freeman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

Margaret Mackintosh RIP

Updated post. Sad news at the end of last week from colleagues who have organised the Charney Conference over the years of the passing of Ma...