Saturday, 20 August 2022

From the archive: Lord Meston's Address in 1934

I visited the GA Archives in Solly Street earlier this week and made some good discoveries.

One of the things I discovered was from Lord James Scorgie Meston, who was President in 1934.

Lord Meston's Address to a GA group in Glasgow was published in the Scottish Educational Journal in 1934.


Here is the address, in two pages.


There are a few interesting sections - this one shows how what might be seen as powerful knowledge dates...


What was the question of Memel? 

I had to look it up and discovered a link with the League of Nations - another institution that the GA has close links with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

Submit your GA Conference 2027 proposals now

If you have some head space over the summer, now is the time to submit your proposal to speak at the GA Conference 2027.  This will take pla...