Sunday, 21 August 2022

British Geography: 1918-1945

This book was edited by Robert Steel, who was GA President in 1973.


There are several chapters written by former GA Presidents, such as K C Edwards.

Click here to access a PDF of the book.

There is quite a bit here about the idea of regions: something tied to the work of Herbertson, Fleure and R J Unstead.

This includes terms such as 'stows' and 'tracts'.

The GA also had a committee on regions for a while. There is mention in this part of the book of Leonard Brooks, who also later became a GA President (and about whom I know relatively little), and also mentions the work of Eva Taylor, who I need to investigate in more detail I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

Submit your GA Conference 2027 proposals now

If you have some head space over the summer, now is the time to submit your proposal to speak at the GA Conference 2027.  This will take pla...