Monday 25 July 2022

Professor Reginald Crawshaw Honeybone

A name to conjure with and someone who worked at the Institute of Education and later in Tanzania and also presented at the GA Conference in the past.

An obituary written by Norman Graves was published in Geography

He was trained by James Fairgrieve and also served on GA committees including the Standing Committee for Visual Aids in the teaching of Geography. He worked with Brian Roberson and I Molly Long, who were of course heavily featured on the blog back in the day, with Molly being a former President of the Association.

Source

Graves, Norman. “Professor Reginald Crawshaw Honeybone CBE, 1913-2002.” Geography, vol. 87, no. 4, 2002, pp. 367–367. JSTOR, http://www.jstor.org/stable/40573771. Accessed 25 Jul. 2022.

Reginald wrote a number of books, some with Roberson and also with George Joseph Cons - a President who 'never was' sadly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog, particularly if you are letting me know more about a particular Past President. I'll be in touch shortly as I will shortly be notified of your comment by e-mail.

A new role for me at the RGS-IBG

I've been connected with the RGS-IBG for quite a number of years in various ways, as were quite a few other former GA Presidents. I'...